Nouvelles: We are delighted to welcome you to this forum

The version 0.9.9 is available !!!

Auteur Sujet: Combine two sessions?  (Lu 66 fois)

pauledd

• Mercurien
Combine two sessions?
« le: mai 08, 2018, 04:43:17 16 »
Hi

First I want to express that I am very glad that there are people who made siril possible!  8)

My Question is, is it possible to combine to imaging sessions of the same object into one image?
Lets say one night I made a set of 50 images (&flats,bias,dark) of the bodes galaxy and in the next night I made another set of images of the same galaxy, what(if possible) would be the correct path to join the images?

Should I process every night normally and then stack the resulting end-images of both nights together?

(and just one short off topic hint, can you please implement more english language in the forum and also in your facebook announcements, that would make it much more easier for me and other non-french to understand)  ;D
no Windows® | excuse my english

lock042

• Administrator
  • Terrien
Re : Combine two sessions?
« Réponse #1 le: mai 09, 2018, 09:17:41 09 »
Hello. If you want to combine two session, make sure that these sessions are consistent (same exposure for example).
Then you have to preprocess each session with their own Darks, Flats and biases and you could align and stack the two sessions together.

If exposure is not consistent I would advice to process sessions separately and to combine the two stacking resultls in GIMP.

pauledd

• Mercurien
Re : Combine two sessions?
« Réponse #2 le: juin 09, 2018, 08:07:00 08 »
Thanks, I will try this.
no Windows® | excuse my english