Nouvelles: L'équipe de développement de Siril est heureuse de vous accueillir dans ce forum.

La version 0.9.9  est disponible !!!

Auteur Sujet: [RESOLVED] Crash when correcting background  (Lu 162 fois)

davidvg

• Mercurien
[RESOLVED] Crash when correcting background
« le: mars 30, 2018, 01:07:01 13 »
Hi everyone. First of all, excuse me for using English, as my french is very bad.
Secondly, I'd like to thank you for this amazing application. Great job.

I'm having problems with color correction, resulting in Siril crashes. This doesn't happen every time. For example, in my case I have 4 groups of images of the same object (M8, Lagoon nebula), with different exposures: 60, 120, 240 and 480 seconds. I piled and processed the 60 and 120 seconds groups separately and without any problem, but when I process the 240 or 480 seconds images, I get the error. Firstly it crashed when neutralizing the background but later it happened when correcting the lights too. It occurs every time with these two groups of images.

I'm using Siril 0.9.8-005 in a Ubuntu 16.04 system.

Thank you very much,
David.
« Modifié: avril 01, 2018, 01:22:02 13 par Argonothe »
Engineer, astronomer, maker.
Excusez mon mauvais français :)

lock042

• Administrator
  • Terrien
Re : Crash when correcting background
« Réponse #1 le: mars 30, 2018, 10:53:06 22 »
Hello.

Could you provide images that cause crash ?
And the exact steps to reproduce it.

davidvg

• Mercurien
« Réponse #2 le: mars 31, 2018, 12:44:12 12 »
Hi, do you mean the M8 images?
I can upload to Dropbox one stacked images (87MB) that cause the crash and post the link or all the dark and light frames (about 350MB).

I'm using only light and dark images captured using a DSLR Canon EOS 50D.

The steps I followed are:
  • Convert 7 CR2 dark frames to FIT, no demoisaicing, keep 3 channels
  • Create master dark using average with rejection, no normalisation, Winsorized sigma clipping (set to get rejection values about 0.5)
  • Convert 10 CR2 light frames to FIT, no demoisaicing, keep 3 channels
  • Calibration of the light images using master dark, CFA checked, sigma parameters as default, resulting in 245 cold pixels and 45910 hot pixels (no red text)
  • Creation of sequence using the calibrated ligth frames, demosaicing checked, keep 3 channels.
  • Registration of the light frames using default values and Global Star Alignment, Bicubic algorithm.
  • Selection of a reference image.
  • Stacking of the light frames using average with rejection, Aditive Scaling normalisation, Winsorized sigma clipping (set to get rejection values about 0.5)

At this point I get a stacked image, looks good, good signal-noise ratio at eye.

Next step I take is Color Calibration, selecting a background area in the image and clicking on "Use current selection" and "Background neutralization". After clicking Background neutralization, Siril crashes. The error output in terminal begins with
*** Error in `siril': double free or corruption (!prev): 0x00000000034de670 ***followed by a backtrace and a memory map list, ending with the dump core line:

I can provide a log for the stacking and color calibration steps; unfortunately, I have not been able to redirect all the terminal output to a file, so I took screenshots of the backtrace and memory maps.

I hope this helps. If you need the images, let me know and I will post a link to them.

David.

vinvin

• Administrator
  • Mercurien
« Réponse #3 le: mars 31, 2018, 08:36:54 20 »
I can reproduce the error. I'll tell you when it's fixed. Thanks for the report!

vinvin

• Administrator
  • Mercurien
« Réponse #4 le: mars 31, 2018, 11:57:52 23 »
Ok, this is fixed. You can either recompile the new revision of the SVN or wait for the next release. Sorry for the issue.

lock042

• Administrator
  • Terrien
« Réponse #5 le: avril 01, 2018, 08:50:27 08 »
I've updated PPA repositories to the 0.9.8.6 version in order to fix this bug and another

davidvg

• Mercurien
Re : [RESOLVED] Crash when correcting background
« Réponse #6 le: avril 01, 2018, 09:08:07 21 »
Hi, I can confirm that the fix solves the error.
Thank you very much!

David.